Our Pick For 5 Best European Baby Formula Brands
- Best Overall Formula Brand: LOULOUKA
- Dutch company. Swiss-made formula. European Organic Certified. Organic cow and goat milk-based baby formulas.
- Best Organic Standards Formula Brand: HOLLE
- Swiss company. German and EU-made formula. Biodynamic, Demeter certified. Organic cow milk-based, goat milk-based and A2 milk-based baby formulas.
- Best Ingredients Formula Brand: KENDAMIL
- British company. Formulas are made in the UK. British Soil Association and EU Organic certified. Organic cow and goat milk-based baby formulas.
- Best Formula Brand for Babies With Special Needs: HIPP
- German company. Formulas are mostly made in the EU. European Organic Certified and HiPP Organic Seal. Organic cow milk-based baby formulas for special needs.
- Best Formula Brand Without Prebiotics and Probiotics: LEBENSWERT BIO
- Swiss company. Formulas are made in Germany. European Organic Certified. Bioland quality. Organic cow milk-based baby formulas.
Table Of Content:
- Choose The Baby Formula That Will Make Your Little One Healthier!
- Why European Baby Formula?
- Why Organic Baby Formula?
- What Does The “Organic” Label On EU Baby Formula Mean?
- Benefits Of European Organic Baby Formula
- How To Choose The Right European Baby Formula?
- Types Of European Baby Formula
- Ingredients In Organic Baby Formula:
- Stages In European Baby Formula
- TOP 5 EUROPEAN BABY FORMULA BRANDS:
- The Difference Between The Major European Baby Formula Brands (In Table)
- Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding
- Bottle Feeding Tips For New Parents
- Bottom Line
Every parent wants their baby to be healthy, well-fed, and as happy as possible. Even all treasures in the world cannot be compared with the health of our children!
If your baby can’t be breastfed for any reason, you as a parent need to make the right decision when choosing baby formula for them.
Choose The Baby Formula That Will Make Your Little One Healthier!
Newborns are much more vulnerable to non-organic food and GMOs, toxins, heavy metals, and harmful chemicals than adults.
It’s crucially important to give your kid high-quality food from the first days of life. If it’s not breast milk, then it should be premium infant formula!
When making this decision please keep in mind one very important fact: what we feed our children from childhood will have a huge impact on their health in the future!
Choosing a high-quality baby formula with healthy ingredients will significantly lower the risk of food allergies and other digestive problems for your baby in the future!
Why European Baby Formula?
We love European formulas not because they are trendy at the moment, but because they are truly better and healthier than American formulas!
Find the proof in our special article: The difference between American and European baby formula: ingredients, quality, and regulations.
We did in-depth research for you!
You’ll find an analysis and comparison of American and European baby formulas in a table.
You’ll get to know which ingredients in baby food to pay extra attention to, the harm caused by heavy metals in baby food, and differences in food regulations and quality.
After reading this article you will have no doubt what formula is the best and healthiest on the market nowadays!
Why Organic Baby Formula?
The source of the ingredients in baby formula is very important .
Due to babies’ small size, fast and reactive metabolisms, and growth rate, they are more vulnerable to developmental damage.
Research suggests that children are exposed to pesticides in food more than adults, , so choosing organic formulas can decrease your child’s exposure to pesticides and other harmful substances.
When you choose a formula that’s certified organic you drastically decrease your child’s potential exposure to harmful chemicals, toxins, pesticides, and hormone disruptors that may be present in conventional ingredients. Your child will get everything they need to grow up healthy and happy!
What Does The “Organic” Label On EU Baby Formula Mean?
If you’re concerned about your baby not consuming good, nutritious formula, selecting an organic infant formula can ease your concerns. Many people are confused about what the label “organic” actually means, so we will explain what it means below to help you choose the best organic formula for your child.
In general, organic baby formula is made with the best quality organic ingredients.
Organic formula is free of hormones, chemicals, pesticides, and genetically modified ingredients (GMO), which makes it safer than non-organic formulas.
The “Organic” label on European baby formulas means the product has no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or genetically modified ingredients (GMO).
As proof of their reliability, some European Baby Formula Brands also have certifications such as “Demeter” or “Bioland”.
- Set up in 1928, Demeter is a certificate issued for food that is biodynamically friendly and meets the highest quality standards.
Foods carrying this label have been grown in harmony with nature on all levels of farming. Synthetic pesticides, questionable ingredients, chemicals, fertilizers, and GMO technology are not allowed in biodynamic agriculture.
Demeter agriculture is unique because it gives back more than it takes from nature .
- Another certification is Bioland . Bioland certifies that a product’s standards go beyond the minimum EU organic requirements. Although Bioland’s regulations are not as strict as Demeter’s, they are stricter than regular organic requirements.
Benefits Of European Organic Baby Formula
If you want to find out more about how organic formulas can be beneficial for your baby – keep reading the following:
1. Safe for babies. With no harmful chemicals or pesticides, organic milk is incredibly safe for your baby.
2. No harmful or synthetic ingredients. Unlike other baby formulas, European organic baby formulas do not contain synthetic ingredients (artificial preservatives, artificial colors, etc) which can harm a small child’s body. They also tend to not use harmful ingredients (such as carrageenan) or highly processed sweeteners such as brown rice, glucose, or corn syrup.
3. There are no GMOs. Research and public opinion about Genetically Modified Products (GMOs) is divided. Whilst some people think GMOs are harmless, others believe that they could cause long-term damage if consumed, especially by babies. If you are concerned about GMOs, switch to organic formulas to be extra safe. Organic formulas use milk procured from cows fed GMO-free diets.
4. More nutrients. Organic milk is incredibly nutritious, containing additional antioxidants and vitamins like Vitamin E to help keep your babies healthy. Organic milk also contains Omega-3 which is an essential fat for your baby that can aid in their mental and physical development.
5. Easier to digest. As organic formulas contain fewer ingredients, they could be easier for your baby to digest.
The above benefits of organic baby formula mean that you can trust that an organic product is the best choice for your child!
How To Choose The Right European Baby Formula?
Before you try to choose the best and healthiest baby formula for your baby, you need to learn about the different European infant formulas and formula stages, plus what ingredients to avoid.
Types Of European Baby Formula
1. Cow’s Milk Formula
A lot of European baby formulas are formulated with cow’s milk modified to resemble breast milk so that the formula is easy to digest and nutritious. Although most babies are fine with cow’s milk, some babies (such as babies with lactose intolerance or cow milk sensitivity) need baby formulas made with other types of milk.
2. Goat’s Milk Formula
Some parents may consider using or switching to goat’s milk formula because of intolerance of cow’s milk. Goat milk formula is less allergenic and more digestible and easily tolerated than cow’s milk formula.
So, if your baby has any troubles with cow’s milk, try a European Goat Milk Formula.
3. A2 Cow Milk Formula
A2 cow milk is a healthy alternative to common cow’s milk. A2 milk has protein similar to that found in breast milk, so it will likely be easy for your baby to digest.
A2 milk protein is naturally procured from cows that only produce the A2 protein. Holle’s organic A2 milk for infants is made from cows who are fed a strict plant-based diet with zero antibiotics or hormones.
4. Hypoallergenic Formula
Hypoallergenic formulas are designed for babies who cannot tolerate formulas made from cow’s milk. “Hypoallergenic” means that the proteins have been broken down, so they are significantly less likely to cause an allergic reaction in your child.
If you are looking for this type of baby formula, consider trying the HiPP HA Combiotic Formula.
5. Specialty Formula
This type of baby formula provides sustenance for children who have particular needs, such as for babies with ongoing issues with spit-up or acid reflux (HiPP Anti-Reflux Milk Formula), and for sensitive digestive systems (HiPP Comfort Milk Formula).
Ingredients In Organic Baby Formula
Always carefully read the list of ingredients, even if it is marked “Organic”. In ingredient lists, ingredients are listed by quantity from highest to lowest, so always pay attention to the first 5 ingredients in this list.
Here Is The List Of Ingredients In Baby Formula That You Want To Avoid:
- Processed refined sugars (corn syrup, corn syrup solids, glucose syrup, and other added sugars), which manufacturers use as they are cheaper than lactose.
- GMO ingredients.
- Oils extracted using hexane (DHA, ARA).
- Carrageenan (an emulsifier/thickener which can potentially cause inflammation).
- Soy (oil or lecithin).
- Synthetic nutrients (including taurine, lycopene, lutein, nucleotides, l-carnitine and l-methionine), which are unnecessary but often included in US formulas.
- Artificial synthetic flavors or colorings.
What Ingredients To Look For In Baby Formulas?
- Organic Whole Milk (formula that is made mostly with whole milk is a great, natural fat source).
- Whey protein (to make whey/casein ratio closest to breastmilk).
- Lactose as the main carbohydrate.
- Organic healthy fats without palm oil.
- Prebiotics (Galactooligosaccharides from lactose) and probiotics which promote a healthy digestive system.
- HMOs (Human Milk Oligosaccharides are complex sugars which are found in high proportions in breast milk).
- Hexane-Free DHA & ARA.
Stages In European Baby Formulas
Whilst most American baby formula brands make formulas that target children’s ages, European Formula Brands usually target Stages instead of ages.
As the nutritional needs of a newborn are vastly different to those of a one-year-old infant, European formulas choose the best ingredients to make sure their formula has the necessary balance of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins for each developmental stage. This helps keep your child happy and healthy no matter what developmental stage they are in!
What Are The Differences Between The Stages?
Whilst European Infant Formula (Stage 1) and Follow-On Formula (Stages 2, 3, and 4) are quite similar, they have a different balance of milk proteins (whey and casein), different amounts of fats and carbohydrates. In Follow-On formulas, there are more filling ingredients and iron to help wean the baby off formula.
- Stage PRE: From birth
This baby formula is made for newborn babies. “PRE” formulas do not contain starch which makes them easier to digest. Whilst experts recommend moving onto the Stage 1 at around three months, there is no specific end-time for this Stage.
- Stage 1: 0 to 6 months
Gentle and like breast milk in composition, most infants use this formula from one month up to six months of age, with some parents opting for this until the child is one year old.
- Stage 2: 6 months and older
With extra iron to support your baby’s blood supply, these formulas are designed for babies who are six months or older. This formula can be used for as long as your baby needs, and many babies prefer Stage 2 to Stage 1 formula as it is more satiating.
- Stage 3: 10 months and older
This formula is usually for babies who are ten months or older. If parents or caregivers do not think Stage 2 formula is filling enough, they will usually switch to Stage 3 which contains more calories due to containing extra starch and carbs.
- Stage 4: From 12 months onwards
Stage 4 formulas are suitable for toddlers who already get most of their calories from solid foods.
TOP 5 European Baby Formula Brands
Deciding to use a European formula is the first step – the second step is harder. You will need to select which of the European Baby Formula BRANDS will be the best fit for your baby’s needs and be the most beneficial for your baby.
Not so long ago, we made our own decision for our babies by feeding them European formula, so today we can confidently and sincerely recommend them to you!
Here is what you should know about European formula manufacturers before making your choice.
Best Overall Formula Brand
Loulouka is a Swiss-made formula, created by parents for parents! With a completely clean ingredient list, Loulouka is considered by many to be one of the best European organic baby formulas.
One of the formula brands on the market, who replaced palm oil with coconut oil.
About The Loulouka Company
- Dutch company (registered in the Netherlands) .
- More than a decade of industry experience.
- Known for its high-quality products in the field of organic food.
- Contributes to sustainability.
Loulouka Formula Product Range
- 1, 2, 3 Stages Infant Formulas based on COW MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
- 1, 2 Stages Infant Formulas based on GOAT MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
What We Love About Loulouka Formulas
- Loulouka infant formulas are suitable for use from birth in both cases: for children that are not breastfed or in combination with breastfeeding.
- European Organic Certified (by independent agencies).
- Meets not only EC regulations but also more strict Swiss quality standards for organic farming.
- Milk is from the Swiss mountains and it goes over 50 quality checks. All essential ingredients are also sourced in Switzerland.
- Cows are fed primarily with natural grass and hay and are able to roam in the Swiss Alps. On average, Loulouka keeps only 23 cows per farm to be able to give them all attention. And… yes! – they do have a cow named Loulouka 🙂
- Organic, soy-free, starch-free, and palm oil-free (replacing palm oil with coconut oil contributes to sustainability).
- Free of added sugars, GMO ingredients, synthetic nutrients, preservatives, artificial colors, aromas, and flavors.
- Contains prebiotics known as Galactooligosaccharides (GOS from Lactose).
- Contains DHA from algae.
- The Loulouka infant formula mixes and dissolves easily without clumping.
Something To Keep In Mind
- Loulouka infant formula contains maltodextrin in Stage 2 and 3 formulas. Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate (a hydrolyzed starch) derived from organically grown plants such as rice, corn or potatoes to balance the sweetness. But the best source of carbohydrates in Baby Formulas is still LACTOSE, which is naturally found in breast milk. But for children with lactose intolerance, added maltodextrin may be a good solution as it will lower the lactose content in their formula.
Parents Say About Loulouka Formulas
“This formula is really the best you can find regarding clean ingredients.”
“This is my baby’s favorite formula! Every other organic formula in the US caused a ton of spit-up.”
“I had a very colicky baby that was on Similac Pro Advance and nothing helped. I am on day 2 of giving her Loulouka and it has been a lifesaver!”
Where To Buy:
Best Organic Standards Formula Brand
Holle baby formulas offer some of the safest organic baby formulas. If you want a baby formula that goes above and beyond, look no further than Holle.
About The Holle Company
- Founded in Switzerland. Holle has production lines in Germany and within the EU .
- 85 years of experience.
- Holle has a double-brand strategy – “Holle baby food” and “Lebenswert bio”.
- One of the first certified Demeter companies. Nowadays, Holle is one of the leading Demeter-certified baby food manufacturers.
- Sustainable management and social responsibility from the very beginning. Holle supports a range of projects aimed at promoting natural diversity instead of genetic engineering.
- Strictly adhere to EU organic regulations and international Demeter regulations.
Holle Formula Product Range
- Stage Pre, 1, 2, 3, 4 Organic Infant Formulas based on COW MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
- Stage 1, 2, 3 Organic Infant Formulas based on GOAT MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
- Stage 1, 2, 3 Organic A2 Cow Milk Infant formulas (from birth to 12+ months)
- Organic A2 Goat Milk Powder for the whole family (from 3 years)
What We Love About Holle Formulas
- All Holle’s Formulas are suitable for exclusive use from birth or if changing from breastfeeding. Also ideal as a supplement to breast milk.
- Since 2009 all Holle baby milk and infant formulas have been produced to Demeter quality. The milk used is from biodynamic, Demeter fields from Southern Germany.
- All Holle Formulas follow strict EU organic regulations to ensure premium quality.
- Holle company has a wide range of different types of formulas based on cow milk, goat milk, and A2 cow and goat milk. The cow milk-based formula has also stage PRE (free of starch and maltodextrin).
- All ingredients in their baby formula are 99% organic and free from harsh chemicals, genetically modified ingredients (following EU regulations), artificial flavorings, colorings, and preservatives. The raw ingredients are grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Holle revised the mix of fats in the milk formula – now using a blend of fats with minimal 3-MCPD esters.
NB: Esters can be found in all refined oils and fats as well as in milk products. 3-MCPD esters are classified as a possible carcinoma by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- The overall taste and smell of any Holle formula is great! We tried it! Even the goat milk formula tastes so good! Supreme taste!
- Easy to mix – dissolves easily and doesn’t have any foam when mixing.
Something To Keep In Mind
- All Holle cow milk-based formulas contain palm oil, except Holle goat’s milk formulas (have no palm oil in the ingredient list).
- Some formulas contain organic starch and maltodextrin from corn (which makes the baby formula creamy and filling). Only Stage PRE Organic Infant Formula (based on cow milk) and the A2 Organic Infant Formula Stage 1 don’t have those ingredients. Please read the ingredient list of every formula if you want to avoid these ingredients.
- Holle does not include prebiotics and probiotics in their formula, so parents would need to add supplement probiotics by themselves if they want.
Parents Say About Holle Formulas
“Best baby formula brand we have tried! High-quality ingredients and sustainable. Our baby is very happy, and we are confident about her future health!”
“My little guy initially started supplementing with American formulas when he was 2 months old. The ingredient list was also pretty disconcerting to me. I decided to give European formulas a shot since they are held to higher standards. Holle Bio Pre was the first one I tried and my baby does great with it!”
“Holle Goat Organic Infant Milk Formula is an amazing alternative to cow’s milk formula! My son’s eczema cleared up within a week after switching to it!”
Where To Buy:
Best Ingredients Formula Brand
Kendamil is the only baby formula made in the UK. They produce organic cow milk baby formula and goat milk formula. Their formulas are backed up by science, being based on whole milk to help your baby’s gut health and stool.
About The Kendamil Company
- Founded in Great Britain .
- 58 years of experience.
- BSA (British Soil Association) and EU-certified.
- Environmentally friendly company.
- In 2021, Kendamil won Gold at the Mother and Baby Awards for best product for bottle feeding.
Kendamil Formula Product Range
- 1, 2, 3 Stages Organic Baby Formulas based on COW MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
- 1,2,3 Stages Organic Baby Formulas based on GOAT MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
What We Love About Kendamil Formulas
- Kendamil is EU Organic Certified and requires multiple quality checks before distribution. EU organic certification means zero artificial pesticides, herbicides, steroids, harsh chemicals, or metals.
- Milk for its formula comes from the English Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Made with whole milk (not skim milk), total cream nutrients from grass-fed cows. The full cream of the milk contains Milk Fat Globule Membrane, or MFGM, which is a vital part of natural breast milk and may improve babies’ cognitive development.
- It contains Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs)!
- Kendamil Organic formula includes GOS, a milk-based prebiotic oligosaccharide.
- Contains Omega-3 (α-Linolenic Acid (ALA), Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and Omega-6 (Linoleic Acid (LA) Arachidonic Acid (ARA)).
- No palm oil, fish oil, soy, maltodextrin, starch or GMOs. Lactose is the main carbohydrate.
- Plant-based, vegetarian friendly.
Something To Keep In Mind
- Kendamil does not contain any probiotics, but uses naturally sourced prebiotics, so parents would need to add supplement probiotics by themselves, if they want.
Parents Say About Kendamil Formulas
“My newborn was premature and experienced a lot of reflux. I wanted to try an option with healthier ingredients. My baby loves the taste of the formula and her reflux has been minimal since switching over completely.”
“We were looking for a natural product to supplement our baby’s breastfeeding needs. Research pointed us to Kendamil. No regrets! Baby has put on the required weight, with no gastrointestinal issues. She seems to love the taste.”
“It’s organic, clean and free of unwanted ingredients. Highly recommend it to all the new moms.”
Where To Buy:
Best Formula Brand for Babies With Special Needs
HiPP is a longstanding company that you can trust with your baby’s needs. They provide formulas to accommodate various potential situations. If your baby suffers from allergies or acid reflux, HiPP could be the brand for you.
About The HiPP Company
- Founded in Germany . HiPP has production lines in Germany, Croatia, Austria, Russia, Switzerland, Ukraine, and Hungary.
- 90 years of experience with more than 50 years in organic farming.
- HiPP has its own HiPP Organic Seal (HiPP “goes an extra mile” on organic farming standards).
- The company’s own accredited laboratory is one of the best in Europe and can analyze more than 1,200 parameters.
- Up to 260 safety checks for each jar (including reviews by independent test institutes).
- Tests products for more than 800 harmful substances – much more than required by legislation.
- Sustainability is a part of their corporate philosophy.
HiPP Formula Product Range
- PRE, 1, 2, 3 Stages HiPP Organic Combiotic Infant Milk Formula German version (from birth to 12+ months)
- 1, 2, 3 Stages HiPP Organic Combiotic Infant Milk Formula Dutch version (from birth to 12+ months)
- 1, 2, 3 Stages HiPP Organic Combiotic Infant Milk Formula UK (United Kingdom) version (from birth to 12+ months)
NB: Even though the HiPP company manufactures all its baby formulas in Germany, each brand must use exact ingredients and follow packaging guidelines for the country it is destined for. When you read the ingredients, you’ll notice the recipes differ only with special nutrients, additives, and combiotics.
- PRE, 1, 2 Stages HiPP HA (Hypoallergenic) Combiotic Organic Baby Formula (from birth to 12+ months).
- HiPP Anti-Reflux Organic Baby Formula (from birth and up).
- HiPP Special Comfort Organic Baby Formula (from birth and up).
- 1+ Years, 2+ Years HiPP Organic Combiotic Kindermilch Toddler Formula.
What We Love About HiPP Formulas
- HiPP follows all EU organic standards.
- They are known for being ecologically, economically, and socially sustainable. The company practices sustainable farming and sources its milk from grass-fed cows. Cows graze on natural meadows where no mineral fertilizers or synthetic chemical agents are used.
- Organic products are produced according to EU regulations without GMOs.
- HiPP doesn’t use any plant-based sweeteners, opting to use lactose instead. No sugar added!
- HiPP has a line of Specialty Formulas.
- All Formulas are suitable for use from birth.
- Contains Omega-3 and 6 LCPs (DHA and ARA) for brain development.
- Has prebiotic (Galacto-Oligosaccharides from lactose).
Something To Keep In Mind
- The ingredient list may vary depending on the country of origin.
- Some formulas contain starch. However the UK and Dutch versions don’t.
- All formulas contain organic palm oil.
Parents Say About HiPP Formulas
“I’ve been running low on milk and wanted a formula supplement option that I felt good about. So far my baby doesn’t seem to notice a difference!”
“I bought the HiPP Stage PRE for newborns. Love how it is white like my breast milk and is all-natural!”
“LO has been on so many different American formulas. We tried the HiPP Dutch Formula and no more gas pains!”
Where To Buy:
Best Formula Brand Without Prebiotics and Probiotics
Formulated with EU-certified ingredients, Lebenswert is committed to providing the safest and most delicious formula for infants. Holle and Lebenswert are outstanding companies that value taking care of infants over profit.
About The LEBENSWERT BIO Company
In 2009 Holle baby food launched the entry-level brand “Lebenswert bio”  (organic quality of life). It comprises a basic range of baby products that comply with Bioland quality standards.
NB: The Bioland guidelines for farmers and manufacturers are even stricter than those of the EC organic regulation and are constantly being developed. For example, the Bioland operations are based on a circular economy.
- Launched in Switzerland.
- Organic farming without synthetic chemical agents and with maintaining soil fertility.
- Exceptional Bioland quality.
- The brand was intended for sale on the German market. Therefore, most of the labeling on product packages is German only.
LEBENSWERT BIO Formula Product Range
- 1, 2, 3 Stages Lebenswert Infant Formula based on COW’S MILK (from birth to 12+ months)
What We Love About LEBENSWERT BIO Formulas
- From certified organic farming.
- Lebenswert Bio sources their milk from German farmers who practice sustainable farming. These cows graze on biodynamic fields and meet Bioland organic standards.
- Free from additives such as flavors, colors, or preservatives. No GMO ingredients, no chemicals, and 100% natural sources. When growing raw ingredients, no chemical fertilizers or pesticides are used.
- Frequently monitored to ensure it meets the best nutritional, legal and safety requirements to keep your baby healthy, happy, and safe.
- DHA has been included from organic fish oil, a non-hexane extracted source.
- Tastes good and is easy to digest.
Something To Keep In Mind
- Contains palm oil.
- Contains maltodextrin and starch from certified organic farming in Stages 2 and 3.
- Does not include prebiotics and probiotics in their formula, so parents would need to add supplement probiotics by themselves if they want.
Parents Say About LEBENSWERT BIO Formulas
“This formula is VERY close to breast milk. My son took it right away which he never did with any of the others and didn’t throw up after either.”
“I had a hard time nursing and US-based formulas have terrible ingredients. Eventually, I stumbled upon a blog comparing European-based formulas. I decided to go with Bioland Lebenswert and haven’t looked back.”
“I researched a lot to select an organic formula for my baby and I decided to buy Lebenswert from Europe. This product is delicious for babies and no gas and constipation will happen.”
Where To Buy:
The Difference Between The Major European Baby Formula Brands
To summarise all the above information, we have compared the 5 Best European Baby Formula Brands for quick reference, so you can easily compare their origin, experience and quality standards with each other. This will help you to make a decision on the best Formula Brand for your baby.
|BEST ORGANIC EUROPEAN BABY FORMULA BRANDS||COMPANY’S EXPERIENCE||ORIGIN||QUALITY STANDARDS||TYPES OF FORMULA|
|over 10 years||Swiss-made formula||European Organic Certified. Meets not only EC regulations but also more strict Swiss quality standards for organic farming.||Organic Cow milk-based and Organic Goat milk-based Formulas.|
|2. HOLLE |
|85 years||Holle has production lines in Germany and within the EU||Biodynamic, DEMETER Certified. Follows strict EU organic regulations.||Organic Cow milk-based and Organic Goat milk-based formulas, A2 Cow Milk Infant formula,A2 Goat Milk Powder.|
|3. KENDAMIL (British company)||58 years||Kendamil Formulas are made in the UK||BSA (British Soil Association) and EU Organic certified. Milk for its formula comes from the English Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage site.||Organic Cow milk-based and Goat milk-based Formulas.|
|4. HIPP |
|90 years of experience with more than 50 years in organic farming||HiPP has production lines in Germany, Croatia, Austria, Russia, Switzerland, Ukraine, and Hungary||European Organic Certified + HiPP Organic Seal (The company’s own accredited laboratory is one of the best in Europe and can analyze more than 1,200 parameters).||Organic Cow milk-based Formulas, Specialties Formula, Hypoallergenic Formulas.|
|5. LEBENSWERT BIO|
|Made by Holle brand, which has 85 years of experience||German-made formulas||European Organic Certified. Exceptional Bioland quality.||Organic Cow milk-based Formulas.|
Remember – even the best of the best European baby formulas can’t fully replace breast milk. If you can breastfeed your baby – do it, you and your baby will only benefit from that.
Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding
Deciding whether to formula feed or breastfeed your baby is not easy. New and expectant parents always struggle with this big decision.
Health experts and scientists think that breast milk is the best choice for infants, as it is nutritionally complete and provides everything your baby needs to be healthy .
But breastfeeding babies isn’t possible for all women, for reasons such as medical conditions, comfort levels, and lifestyles.
If you choose not to breastfeed, infant formula made from the right ingredients is a healthy alternative to breast milk.
The decision about how to feed your child is yours to make – it is completely personal. By weighing the pros and cons of breastfeeding and formula feeding, you will be more able to make the right decision for your baby and yourself.
To get the full answer to this question, read our special article: Breastfeeding Guide: Breastfeeding vs. Formula, How and How Long to Breastfeed.
This article will help you to make a conscious choice about whether to breastfeed a baby. You will find out the benefits of breastfeeding for a few days, 4 weeks, 6 months, 9 months, 1.5 years, and longer, discover the advantages of breastmilk vs. formula, know how to breastfeed, and how to figure out breastfeeding problems.
Bottle Feeding Tips For New Parents
If you decide to feed your baby with formula – the next information is just for you!
Whilst it might seem simple, there are a lot of things to consider when giving formula to your baby.
To ease your stress levels and save you some time, we will share with you 5 simple formula feeding tips and tricks.
1. Pick your Formula. If you find a formula that your baby likes and doesn’t have any negative reaction to, stick to it and consider stocking up on it.
If you switch formulas too often or unnecessarily, you can cause your baby to have digestive discomfort.
2. Know your water. When preparing powdered formula, you can use tap or bottled water (as long as it’s clean) .
Make sure you follow all the instructions when preparing baby formula. Most baby formula preparation instructions say to boil water and let it cool to between 104 and 122 degrees Fahrenheit. After this, you can mix water with formula powder.
3. Always mix formulas properly. Mixing your baby formula correctly is very important. If you make a mistake, your baby’s formula could be too concentrated or diluted, which can prevent your baby’s nutritional needs from being met.
Make sure you read the mixing instructions thoroughly and follow them correctly.
4. Stir, don’t shake. You need to stir the bottle, not shake it. If you shake it, you could accidentally introduce extra air which could lead to digestive problems and burping.
5. Give your baby warm, not cold, formula milk. Breast milk is the perfect temperature (around 98 degrees Fahrenheit) for babies. Some babies get an upset stomach if they consume cold formula.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I know if a formula is working for my baby?
If your little one has no digestive troubles such as constipation, diarrhea, blood or mucus in your baby’s bowel movements, abdominal pain, colics, ongoing issues with spit-up, acid reflux, trouble gaining weight, or weight loss, your formula is fine. But if you notice one of the signs mentioned above, talk to your pediatrician about changing your formula.
2. What formula is the best while breastfeeding or combination feeding?
Our recommendation is a Loulouka, Holle or Kendamil Brands as their formulas are developed to be as close to breast milk as possible.
3. When do babies stop drinking formula?
There is no set time as to when a formula-fed baby should stop drinking it. Most experts recommend gradual weaning between 12 and 18 months .
4. Where to Buy European Formula for Your Baby
My Organic Company and Formuland are both reputable online retailers that literally have every European formula you can think of. They help parents in America have easy access to the best organic formulas available worldwide.
Buying European baby formula is an investment in your baby’s health. Making the right choice of baby formula matters for your little one’s future!
We have proven that European baby formula brands are way healthier and better than Americans.
Even if some of these brands use maltodextrin, starch, or palm oils in their formulas, they are still healthier than any US formulas! If you want to avoid these ingredients, you can easily do it! Thanks to the diversity of European baby formula brands on the market, you can always find the best formula for your baby at any Stage!
Also, these European baby formula brands such as Loulouka, Holle, Kendamil, HiPP, or Lebenswert Bio choose to practice sustainable farming, which is intended to protect the environment and expand the Earth’s natural resource base for the next generations! Isn’t that great?
Related Posts: 5 Best Goat Milk Formulas For Babies And Toddlers In 2021 11 Best Non-Toxic Cribs For Babies 6 Best Non-Toxic Beds For Toddlers and Kids 5 Best Non-Toxic Car Seats Without Flame Retardants For Infants 5 Best Non-Toxic Convertible Car Seats Without Flame Retardants 5 Best Non-Toxic High Chairs For Babies And Toddlers 10 Best Non-Toxic Diapers For Babies And Toddlers Breastfeeding Guide: Breastfeeding Vs. Formula, How And How Long To Breastfeed. The Difference Between American And European Baby Formula: Ingredients, Quality, And Regulations.